Senior Electronics Engineer
As a member of the Engineering team, contribute to the design of cost effective and reliable components and systems as part of the development of Malvern Instruments’ range of products.
- Provide the Electronic Engineering contribution to the design of instrument systems as part of Malvern Instruments’ range of products specifically covering:
o Microprocessor controllers
o Digital signal processing
o FPGAs (VHDL)
o Analogue circuits
o Comms systems
o Signal conditioning
o Processing and power supply design with particular emphasis on robust and reliable design consistent with meeting specific performance criteria
o EMC and LVD regulatory requirements
- Participate in design reviews to ensure the design follows laid down Codes of Practice and project Life cycle methodologies.
- Participate in the development of products as part of multi-disciplinary project teams and to work within project timescales, providing progress indication and task estimates as necessary.
- Liaise with the PCB design function in the transfer of schematics and in ensuring good layout principles.
- Solve product problems as they relate to electronic and related systems engineering issues.
- Liaise with suppliers in defining the choice of components and test methodologies.
- Acquire, maintain and disseminate knowledge of up-to-date technology and its potential application to Malvern Instruments.
- Contribute to electronic development standards and policies.
- Electronic Engineering degree at a 2:1 or above or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years minimum experience
- Experience with digital systems
- Must have some skill/knowledge in some of the following:-
o Transducer interfacing
o Circuit design for small signal low noise (e.g. trans-impedance amplifiers)
o Motor control (various types)
o High speed data acquisition
o ADC and DAC interface.
o Signal conditioning
o Micro-controller design with Microblaze, ARM Cortex series based devices or similar.
o FPGA experience writing code in VHDL
o Experience with HDL simulators Modlesim or ISIM.
o Signal Integrity (use of Hyperlynx)
o C and C++.
- Knowledge of EMC standards and best practice
- Cooperation and Team Working
- Expertise and Professionalism
- Problem Solving / Analysis
Please send your applications to Ms. Rebecca Bennett using the Submit resumé button below.
Please note that our selection process will start immediately and will close as soon as we have found the right candidate.
No agency calls.
- United Kingdom
- Equipment engineering
- 13 June 2017, 00:00 - 1 September 2017, 00:00