Analytical user software engineer
The analytical user software engineer will support the new product developments in PANalytical's X-ray fluorescence (XRF) products, which are used for materials analysis in scientific and industrial product and process control.
In this function you will contribute to the design, coding and testing of the analytical user software for PANalytical’s XRF product line.
The job requires the applicant to acquire knowledge of XRF products and applications and apply it to user software development. You will acquire, maintain and disseminate knowledge of up-to-date software technology and its potential application for PANalytical.
The applicant will ensure that the software design is robust, resulting in accurate, reliable and maintainable programs. You will be working with PANalytical XRF systems and solving product problems, as they relate to software and related systems engineering issues.
The applicant will work closely together in a team in a multi-disciplinary environment, to design and implement new features in our analytical user software, to test the correct functioning of user software and assist in test automation.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or related subject with experience in software development in a commercial environment
- Affinity with laboratory equipment and/or strong affinity with analytical techniques
- Experience with C#, WPF and MVVM , agile methodologies and test-driven development
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strongly result-driven with respect to customer products: Ability to think and act as an end user with emphasis on key product quality indicators, such as analytical performance, ease of use, robustness and speed
- Can do attitude with the ability to work both standalone and within a (software) team
- Drive to work in a high-tech environment with the ambition to develop products with a strong competitive edge
- Fluent in English and prepared to (learn to) understand Dutch
- An interesting job in an international high-tech company
- Continuous development of your technical skills
- Competitive working conditions
- Informal business culture
Please send your applications to Maaike Plomp before 31 May with your resume and cover letter using the 'Submit resumé' button below.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that our selection process will start immediately and will close as soon as we have found the right candidate.
No agency calls.
- Almelo , The Netherlands
- Mr. Wim van Broekhoven, Software Engineering Manager: email@example.com
- 18 May 2017, 00:00 - 1 September 2017, 00:00