March 05 - March 09
X-ray powder diffraction course
The course is intended for both new and existing users of Empyrean and X’Pert³ Powder (X’Pert PRO MPD) diffractometers. The main purpose of this course is to help you to get the best results out of your instrument in terms of both data quality and measurement time. The course starts with the basic principles of XRD, followed by the detailed explanation of the function of different hardware components that can be used. The main emphasis is on the practical aspects of work with your diffraction system, therefore the larger part of the course is devoted to the extensive hands-on training on Empyrean or X’Pert³ Powder in conjunction with the Data Collector and HighScore software modules, during which you will learn how to organize the work on your Empyrean or X’Pert³ Powder system and how to find the most appropriate data collection and analysis strategies for your applications.
A tablet PC will be given to the participants and will contain the course material.
The main aspects covered during the course are the following:
- Basic principles of X-ray diffraction
- Hardware components and their function
- Practical aspects of sample preparation and data collection, fluorescent samples
- Set-up of measurement programs in Data Collector, automation possibilities
- Pattern treatment, phase identification and set-up of analysis routines in HighScore
- Transmission vs reflection, parallel beam geometry, microdiffraction and 2D XRD
Number of participants: minimum - 3, maximum – 12.
For further information contact your local representative or:
Ms. A. Zagoritou, ACC Coordinator
Malvern Panalytical B.V.
Application Competence Center
P.O. Box 13
7600 AA Almelo
Tel: +31 546 534438
Fax: +31 546 534598
Register online, using the button below.
Should you not receive a confirmation mail after submitting the form, you can alternatively fill in the registration form and send it to email@example.com.
The comments, suggestions and requirements we receive from our customers are of essential importance to us. They form an inexhaustible source of information that fuels our drive to continuously improve our products, solutions and services.
- "The course was perfect in all ways. One of the best courses I have attended."
- "Great course that gives a great overview of the variety and possibilities of powder diffraction and how to optimally use hard- & software to get best results."
- "Great, friendly team, nice balance of practical & theory, enough breaks, patient lecturers answering our questions."
Please click here to read more customer reviews.
- X-ray powder diffraction course
- Almelo, The Netherlands
- 5 March 2018, 09:00 - 9 March 2018, 17:00
- UTC+01:00 Europe/Amsterdam