February 19 - February 21
Spring Break Workshop
Look into raw and recycled materials
The workshop focuses on innovative analytical methods with special emphasis on the use for raw and recycled materials as well as industrial minerals.
Besides X-ray analysis it will cover alternative methods for material characterization and process optimization. It includes NIR and Raman spectroscopy, analysis of particle size, Zeta potential and micro CT.
The workshop will give you the opportunity to explore new ideas and trends, get in contact with leading scientists and exchange experiences with industrial experts.
A practical training for phase identification and quantification with HighScore Plus is part of the workshop (for new and experienced analysts).
Who should attend:
The workshop is intended for professionals, scientists and engineers working with industrial minerals, raw materials and recycled products as well as researchers from universities.
- Industrial research institutions
- Metals industry (steel, aluminium, copper and others)
- Industrial minerals (limestone, gypsum, fertilizer, pigments, glass and others)
- Energy Minerals (coal, lithium, uranium)
- Building materials
- Other industries working with raw materials and recycled products
The workshop language is English.
University of Halle
D-06120 Halle (Saale)
Participants from Industry €499
University staff members €250
€50 discount for early birds (registration before December 8, 2017)
For more information please contact:
Prof. Dr. Dr. Herbert Pöllmann
Ms. Sabrina Galluccio
Mineralogie / Geochemie
Institute für Geowissenschaften
Tel: +49 (0) 345 5526111
- Spring Break Workshop
- University of Halle, Germany
- 19 February 2018, 12:00 - 21 February 2018, 17:00
- UTC+01:00 Europe/Berlin