May 26 - May 26
Measuring quality parameters in malt Barley
Moisture and protein content of grain
This webinar focuses on the application of barley analysis for beer brewing purposes and features ASD’s LabSpec® instrument.
In this webinar you will learn:
• General considerations for the creation of quantitative NIR models, including best practices and practical guidelines
• Typical applications of malt barley quality analysis
• An example of how ASD systems can be used to measure moisture and protein content of barley seed which affect malt and brewing quality
Time: 26 May, 10:00 AM MDT
Panelist: Katlyn Hitz, Barley Development Scientist at MillerCoors Brewing Company
Katlyn Hitz has a Master’s in Plant and Soil Science from the University of Kentucky and a Bachelor’s in Conservation Biology from Murray State University. Katlyn is a Barley Development Scientist at Miller-Coors, Idaho, and manages resources and activities related to field trials and greenhouse operations to develop regionally adapted varieties that meet desired agronomic and malt quality parameters critical for improving malting and brewing performance and beer quality.
- Measuring quality parameters in malt Barley
- 26 May 2017, 10:00 - 26 May 2017, 11:00
- UTC-07:00 US/Mountain