February 17 - February 17
How to improve your wine grape quality - Viticulture
NIR technology in the wine industry
Viticulture (from the Latin word for vine) is the science, production, and study of grapes. It deals with the series of events that occur in the vineyard. This February, join ASD (a PANalytical company) as we explore the relationship between NIR technology and Viticulture.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How NIR technology can be used for continuous and non-destructive measurements on grape, wine products, and processes over time.
- How NIR analysis can help identify grape characteristics and chemical properties of materials during the production of wine products.
Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Time: 04:00 PM MST (Feb. 18, 2016 at 9:00 AM AEST)
Panelist: Dr. Daniel Cozzolino is an Associate Professor at Central Queensland University (CQU). In 2002, Daniel joined the Australian Wine Research Institute based in Adelaide, South Australia as a Senior Research Scientist. Here, Daniel was the Team leader of a group investigating applications of rapid methods (Visible, NIR, MIR, UV) in grapes and wines and focused his research in applications of spectroscopy and chemometrics in the wine industry. Daniel has published more than 200 articles in peer reviewed journals. In 2013, he received the Tomas Hirschfeld Award for his outstanding contributions to NIR spectroscopy.
- How to improve your wine grape quality - Viticulture
- 17 February 2016, 00:00 - 17 February 2016, 00:00
- UTC+01:00 Europe/Amsterdam