November 14 - November 16
Benchtop XRF Course
Fundamental and practical techniques of X-ray fluorescence analysis using the Epsilon 1, Epsilon 3X, and Epsilon 3XLE EDXRF spectrometers are treated in this course.
Particular emphasis is placed on the practical use of the spectrometer in conjunction with its software. Practical aspects of parameter selection, spectrum deconvolution, matrix effects, sample preparation, qualitative and quantitative analysis, standardless analysis using Omnian, calibration and analysis results are dealt with extensively. The course is composed of lectures and practical sessions, with exercises on equipment currently available in our application laboratory.
The following aspects will be covered during the course:
• Physics of X-rays
• The X-ray spectrometer
• SSD detector and its properties
• Instrumental parameters
• Spectrum deconvolution
• Matrix effects
• Omnian standardless analysis
• Set-up application including calibration
• Sample preparation
• Measurement of unknown samples
• Reviewing and analyzing spectra and analysis data
Course duration: 3 days
Course cost: $3240
For further information contact or to register, contact:
117 Flanders Rd.
Westborough, MA 01581
Tel: +1 (508) 647-1196
- Benchtop XRF Course
- Westborough, Massachusetts, USA
- 14 November 2017, 08:00 - 16 November 2017, 17:00
- UTC-04:00 US/Eastern
- This course is targeted towards new PANalytical XRF system users but also forms a solid refresher for more experienced users.