November 26 - November 30
Basic X-ray fluorescence SuperQ application course on sequential spectrometer
Fundamental and practical techniques of X-ray fluorescence analysis using sequential wavelength dispersive spectrometers (Zetium, Axios, MagiX, MagiX PRO, PW2404, PW2400, X’Unique, X’Unique II or PW1480) are treated in this course.
A tablet PC will be given to the participants and will contain the course material.
Emphasis is placed on the daily use of SuperQ and the Omnian standardless software. Practical aspects of parameter selection, matrix effects, sample preparation, quantitative analysis, standardless analysis, calibration and calibration update, monitor correction and results analysis are dealt with extensively. The course is composed of lectures and hands-on sessions using the Axios spectrometers available in our Application Competence Center, Almelo, The Netherlands.
The following aspects will be covered during the course:
• Basic theory of X-ray fluorescence and instrumentation
• Qualitative & Quantitative analysis
• Application Setup
• Calibration, Matrix effect & Sources of errors
• Omnian standardless analysis
• Drift monitors, their implementation and practical use
• Sample preparation of fused beads, pressed pellets, loose powders and liquids
Language: English (alternatives upon request)
Course duration: 5 days
Number of participants: minimum - 3, maximum - 12
For further information contact your local representative or:
Ms. A. Zagoritou, ACC Coordinator
Malvern Panalytical B.V.
Application Competence Center
P.O. Box 13
7600 AA Almelo
Tel: +31 546 534438
Fax: +31 546 534598
Register online, using the button below.
Should you not receive a confirmation mail after submitting the form, you can alternatively fill in the registration form and send it to email@example.com.
The comments, suggestions and requirements we receive from our customers are of essential importance to us. They form an inexhaustible source of information that fuels our drive to continuously improve our products, solutions and services.
- "I have learned a lot."
- "Really good."
- Basic X-ray fluorescence SuperQ application course on sequential spectrometer
- Almelo, The Netherlands
- 26 November 2018, 09:00 - 30 November 2018, 17:00
- UTC+01:00 Europe/Amsterdam
- This course is targeted towards new PANalytical XRF system users but also forms a solid refresher for more experienced users.