From impurities to catalysts; from crystal structure to characterization of chemicals, XRD and XRF are essential tools for chemists. Being absolutely sure about which chemical or fine chemical you deal with, and in what phase it is presented, is one of the benefits of using XRD. In contrast, XRF provides means to determine the elemental composition. For instance XRF can determine the low-level (mg/kg) elemental impurities or catalyst residues in your products.
Typical applications include
- Phase identification and confirmation
- Crystal structure refinement with unrivalled resolution
- Elemental composition and impurities determination
- REACH compliance and REACH sameness using full-pattern analysis and cluster analysis to enable the comparison
- Particle size and shape analysis
- Simple yes/no confirmation if you deal with the expected chemicals of for instance everyday incoming goods
XRD uniquely identifies your (semi-) crystalline chemicals. PANalytical’s industrial X-ray diffractometer, CubiX³ is fast and ideally suited for operator-friendly operation. Moreover it is accurate, simple and fully automated. For example, identification for REACH sameness, is now a simple push-button operation.
The Empyrean X-ray diffractomer enables the widest range of XRD techniques on one platform. It is ideal for more research-oriented environments including particle shape and size determination possibilities and in situ reaction monitoring.
PANalytical’s wavelength dispersive (WD) and energy dispersive spectrometers belonging to the Zetium and Epsilon 3X range respectively, deliver the flexibility and robustness needed to meet the demands for flexibility in the chemicals production environments. The Epsilon 3X range with FingerPrint software for example provides operator-friendly and efficient solutions for quality control.