- On-off electric neutron source
- Automated radiation protection system (ARPS)
- Modular design for minimum downtime during installation
- Built-in direct link diagnostics program, ensuring optimum operation and uptime
- Constant neutron flux eliminates expensive and inconvenient periodic on-site calibration
The benefits of PFTNA
Using pulsed fast thermal neutron activation (PFTNA) analysis, the CNA Pentos cross-belt analyzer is able to quickly determine the chemistry of raw materials which enables high-frequency process control. By ’illuminating’ the material with neutrons, the CNA analyzes the bulk of the material on a belt from top to bottom and side to side delivering highly representative data. Pulsed excitation produces high-quality time-resolved gamma ray spectra from the sample. This provides high precision and accuracy with a drastically improved signal-to-noise ratio.